Posted by: Lucia
So here we are, less than a week from install, and quite not there yet. We actually did this work two days ago, but I will post as if it just happened.
We have a few days lined up where we HAVE to work on mattress bunny to get it done in time. One of those days was yesterday, but we didn’t get any work done. It rained all day. I mean, all day. So, now we’re pushed behind schedule.
I started to transfer the templates I made onto the chip board to use as the backing of the mattress pads. Andy is busy tearing the piping out of the mattresses so we can reattach it when it’s all sewn together.
Figuring we’re running out of time, and Andy cuts a lot faster than I do, we switched places. As you can tell it’s starting to get dark, and we won’t be able to work for much longer.
Though Andy was doing the cutting, I was making sure that the cutouts were smooth and okaying them. I was also the one tracing the templates and correcting lines where they seemed to wander off.
So, we cut everything out, and realized we might not have enough material. The thought of collecting another mattress is horrifying. We still need to measure to make sure we’re good though (keep your fingers crossed).
And so, tomorrow is another mattress bunny day. We should get a ton done, and if not…
I don’t even want to think about it.